The Beside Project is here to support you when you have lost a loved one to suicide. We offer emotional and practical support to people aged over 16, whether you are a family member, next of kin or a loved one.
We work across Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Bath and North East Somerset. We are sadly unable to offer support to those who have experienced a historical bereavement by suicide.
What you can expect from us
- We accept self-referrals and will contact you within 72 hours of receiving your referral
- Emotional and practical support tailored to your needs
- Working closely with other agencies, including your GP, to ensure you receive the support, advice and guidance that you need
- Supporting you with funeral arrangements
- Support in the time before, during and after the inquest
- Face to face and telephone support
- Working closely with other agencies who offer specialist support when children are involved.
Find out more
"We're here for you. It’s natural to feel all sorts of emotions at a time like this. We want you to know that we’re here for you, and that you’re not alone."
Useful websites & helplines
Information and resources for people who have been bereaved or affected by suicide.
You can also read CASS's guide on How to Talk about Suicide.