The team at Second Step is made up of people with a shared desire and determination to deliver recovery and wellbeing opportunities for people with mental health problems to enable them to achieve their hopes and ambitions.
We are based in Bristol and also have bases in Bath and Weston. We provide housing and support services to hundreds of people across Bristol and beyond. Our focus is on helping people find strategies to cope with their problems, to gain independence and achieve their ambitions. We work with people at their pace, helping them remain in control of their recovery journey.
For your comments, suggestions, complaints and compliments, please click here. This leaflet can also be made available in Braille, large print or audio on request. Alternatively we can arrange for someone to explain it to you. Help is also available for people who require the information in other languages. If you need any of these services please call 0117 909 6630 and ask for the Communications Manager.
We work with an agreed set of values which form the foundation of everything we do:
- Second Step will treat everyone with integrity, respect and dignity.
- The contribution and involvement across the whole organisation of people who use our services is central to our on-going success.
- Hope is central to our work. We want to deliver recovery-orientated services building on people's strengths, courage, resilience and dreams. We encourage empowerment, independence and responsibility.
- We are passionate about social inclusion and will challenge mental health stigma and discrimination.
- We value diversity and difference and are committed to Equality of Opportunity throughout the whole organisation.
- Second Step values all its staff and volunteers. We are committed to good employment practices and to sustaining a rewarding working culture.
- Second Step is well informed and strives to be at the forefront of good practice. We value learning and reflecting on our work in order to improve services. Celebrating success is also fundamental to our work.
- Second Step values partnership and continues to invest in collaborative working to provide the best possible services.
|Board||Executive Management Team|
|Graham Russell (Chair)||Aileen Edwards (Chief Executive)|
|Liz Hine (Vice-Chair)||Sarah Minns (Interim Director of Services)|
|Eithne Burt||Chris Arnold (Director of Resources)|