Golden Key is an eight-year £10 million Big Lottery funded partnership programme.
A dynamic group of agencies and organisations together with individuals who have experienced homelessness, prison, long-term mental health issues, and drug and alcohol dependency are being led by Bristol based charity Second Step.
Together we aim to unlock doors for people with multiple and complex needs who can’t break their cycles of drugs, homelessness, prison and mental health.
To ensure a flexible, dynamic and new approach, people who have had direct or ‘lived experience’ of the issues are at the heart of Golden Key and are central to its design, delivery and learning.
At a glance, Golden Key aims to:
- Unlock the path to the future for a group of people who currently don’t believe they have one.
- Engage people who are experiencing three or four of the following situations: homelessness, mental health problems, drug and/or alcohol dependency and offending behavior, who are farthest away from services.
- Unlock services and enable agencies to be innovative about introducing new ways to help.
- Embrace new psychological thinking to enable Bristol to be a forward-thinking city with a clear vision for the services required and for change for this client group.
- Put clients and people with lived experience at the heart of the whole project.
- Learn together to bring about a lasting impact through cultural and system change
Golden Key is focused on change, which will create long and short term impact for the most vulnerable clients in Bristol. Our current priority is to draw the city together to end homelessness. To find out more follow the link to our #nomore campaign.