The Beside Project is here to support you when you recently may have lost a loved one to suicide. We offer emotional and practical support to people aged 16+, whether you are a family member, next of kin or loved one.
We work across Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Bath and North East Somerset. We are sadly unable to offer support to those who have experienced a historical bereavement by suicide.
What you can expect from us
- Contact within 72 hours of receiving your referral
- Emotional and practical support tailored to your needs
- Communicating on your behalf when required - working with the Police and Coroner’s Office
- Working closely with other agencies, including your GP, to ensure you receive the support, advice and guidance that you need
- Supporting you with funeral arrangements
- Support in the time before, during and after the inquest
- Face to face and telephone support
- Working closely with other agencies who offer specialist support when children are involved.
Find out more
"We're here for you. It’s natural to feel all sorts of emotions at a time like this. We want you to know that we’re here for you, and that you’re not alone."
Useful websites & helplines
Information and resources for people who have been bereaved or affected by suicide.
You can also read CASS's guide on How to Talk about Suicide.