If you’re finding things overwhelming and you’re thinking about suicide, there are people you will help and people you can turn to, right now.
These are very difficult times and it’s ok that you want help to get through. See below for numbers you can call locally in Somerset and also national organisations too.
You can text SHOUT to 85258 and a trained crisis volunteer will text you back. This is great if you find talking on the phone challenging. It is completely free and available 24/7.
Here we have tips you may wish to try:
- Talk to someone: a friend, a family member, the Samaritans, your GP.
- Find a safe space: somewhere with no stress and good support
- Avoid drinking alcohol and taking drugs
- Get involved: maybe meet up with a friend or join an exercise group
- Getting to know yourself: so you can recognise your signs of stress, for example, physical symptoms like palpitations, or drinking more alcohol or withdrawing from life.
Every Mind Matters also has helpful tools for you to manage your mental health.
You can also find numbers, websites, apps and groups of for other organisations who you can turn to for support here.