We are reviewing our service and are holding an online Zoom meeting on Tuesday 20 February between 12pm - 1pm to gain the thoughts and input of those who use the Second Step's Wellbeing Colleges.
As recovery colleges, we seek to empower people to learn tools, skills and strategies to improve and manage mental wellbeing. We value the input of experts by experience in all our work and will be discussing the following:
- Values that underpin recovery college practice, and Second Step
- Working collaboratively with experts by experience, and professionals as experts in their field
- Appropriate terms for individuals who engage with our service (eg, learner, student, attendee)
- Language we use when we discuss mental wellbeing; what is helpful and what might be stigmatising?
- Being mindful of trauma and triggering language in our work
- Striving to be accessible
- Communicating our values and culture on our website and in our literature
Please use the booking form below to sign up If you would like to join us.