The aim of this charter is to provide learners with clear guidance on what to expect from Bristol Wellbeing College in relation to behaviour, health and safety and equality and diversity.
Bristol Wellbeing College strives to create a safe and supportive learning environment. We employ experienced tutors as well as peer volunteers, who provide additional support.
This is what you can expect from us:
- We will welcome you, value you and treat you with respect
- We will create a space which provides equality of opportunity and which is free from discrimination, harassment and bullying*
- We will endeavour to make your learning experience enjoyable and support you to take part
- We will listen and respond to your comments and suggestions
- We will provide information about other courses
- We will provide you with the opportunity to give us feedback on your experience at the end of each workshop/course
To ensure that we create a positive and safe environment for all learners we ask that you:
- Arrive in good time and be ready to start the session on time**
- Let us know if you are unable to attend
- Help everyone feel safe and welcome and be respectful of the needs, cultures and beliefs of others
- Are not under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Behave in a manner that does not cause offence to others
- Follow any health and safety procedures
- Don’t bring food into or eat in the classroom***
* All staff, volunteers and learners are responsible for creating a learning environment which is free from aggression, harassment, bullying and intimidation. Unacceptable and/or intimidatory behaviour will not be tolerated; in such cases learners may be asked to leave.
** If you are more than fifteen minutes late we will ask you to attend another session on a different date; this is to prevent disruption to other learners.
***Please be reminded that no eating is allowed in the classroom, although there will be breaks during which you will be able to have a snack outside the classroom. Water will always be available.
Admittance is at the discretion of Bristol Wellbeing College.
If you’d like to get involved in helping steer the direction of Bristol Wellbeing College, from helping design, write and deliver our sessions, to volunteering with us, please get in touch.