Move on Navigation Team
Set up as part of the Government’s push to tackle rough sleeping, the Move On team helps clients in Bristol who are ready to live more independently. Navigators help identify and remove any blocks to moving on, such as finding a suitable home and/or the moving process itself.
Working closely with clients' current support workers, the Move On Team of navigators help identify and remove any blocks to moving on, such as finding a suitable home and/or the moving process itself.
Move On Navigators also have strong links with Bristol City Council’s homeless prevention team and private landlords to enable people to move on more effectively.
How the Move on Navigator team works
Clients will be identified, assessed and referred to the Move On Team by the each pathway’s Operational Management Team. The Move On team works on a case by case basis to help clients move through and out of the pathways as effectively and sustainably as possible.
Who is eligible?
- Clients already accommodated within any of the four pathways who have been assessed and referred by the Operational Management Team to be suitable for move on
- Clients whose support worker has identified and documented blocks to move on to their Operational Management Team
- Clients whose move on blocks are identified as removable by their Operation Management Team
Who is NOT eligible?
- Service users with very complex mental health needs that are the primary block to move on, and are working with the move on psychologist to address these
- Service users whose move on blocks can be resolved by their current support service