Floating Support Service Bristol
Our Floating Support Services Bristol consists of Community Support Service (CSS) which is a innovative service offering personalised support tailored to individuals’ needs.
The support team is available 5 days a week (9am-5pm) and can be as flexible as clients need – from an hour of telephone support once a week to a far more intensive support package depending on what suits them.
For the Bath and North East Somerset Floating Support Service please click here.
We offer wide ranging support and advice including:
- social and living skills for example attending health appointments
- managing your home and making it safe
- developing life skills including
- how to manage money and budgeting
- help with employment, education and training
- support with cooking, cleaning and shopping
- looking after your health and wellbeing including food and nutrition
- building a social network including attending appointment and activities such as evening classes
- accessing specialist services e.g. drug and alcohol, mental health, learning disabilities
All our Recovery Workers are skilled and experienced in supporting people with a wide range of needs. We work with individuals to create a plan for support which we review regularly.
How to apply
You can talk to your social worker about a referral to us or you can apply through your local council. You may also be able to self-refer if you have your own funding. We would be delighted to discuss how the service could work for you in whichever way suits you best. We can also talk through payments and costs with no obligation.
Join our Relief Service
Our Floating Support Services also consist of an internal Bank Service which provides floating provision to other Second Step services who commission it. This is an exciting role, working within a diverse number of services ranging from primary and secondary care to supported accommodation and community support.
To find our more of apply for one of our Bank roles please click here