Our Response to Coronavirus
Following the latest Government restrictions to stop the spread of Covid-19, we want to reassure you that our priority continues to be the safety of our clients and staff. We recognise the importance of providing face to face support where we can and we’re looking at ways to do this during this challenging time. Read more about the changes we've made in our Impact report 2020.
If you are experiencing coronavirus symptoms, please use the government portal or phone 119 to book a test. It is important that you and anyone you live with continue to self-isolate until you get a test result. You can find more information, support and guidance on testing here.
- Think Hands, Face, Space – washing your hands regularly, using a face mask in areas where social distancing is difficult, and keeping 2 metres’ space between you and others will all help to reduce the spread of the virus.
- If you have a continuous cough or fever, self-isolate and contact 111 if you need further advice or help.
- If you need medical help, please contact your registered GP practice or 111. Support can be accessed online at nhs.uk or you can call 111 for free from your landline or phone.
- Use A&E or call 999 only in the event of medical emergencies
For anyone over 18 in Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire who needs mental health advice and help right now, please call the 24/7 Support & Connect on 0800 126 549. People in Somerset can call Mindline on 01823 276892. This helpline is also open all day, every day.
The Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership wellbeing line is open 24 hours a day for mental health and emotional wellbeing support: 0300 303 1320.
The VITA 24/7 helpline can help you with emotional support. The line connects you with a mental health counsellor and relevant groups in your local area. Call 0800 012 6549
If you’ve been notified that you that you have a medical condition which makes you clinically extremely vulnerable to coronavirus, please register your details at the following website: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-shielding-support. You can use this service to get access to priority supermarket deliveries or ask for someone to contact you about other local support. Please also click here for a single source of resources and practical advice for those that are shielding.
If you are self-isolating or require additional support, contact the following numbers to be put in touch with local groups who can help with fetching shopping, medication and other essentials supplies, as well as other mutual aid:
- Bristol: We are Bristol: 0800 694 0184
- North Somerset: North Somerset Together: 01934 427 437
- South Gloucestershire: 0800 953 7777
Remember: if you are experiencing domestic abuse, household isolation rules do not apply. You are allowed to leave your home and NextLink can provide support and accommodation. Call 0800 4700 280 (24/7) or go to: www.nextlinkhousing.co.uk
SilverCloud is a free online platform offering valuable mental health and wellbeing support: https://bnssg.silvercloudhealth.com/onboard/
Bump2baby wellbeing helps you find the right support during pregnancy, birth and beyond: bump2babywellbeingguide.org
You can also access useful resources here on our website, including online Wellbeing College recorded sessions and materials and our Dear Friend blog.