The aim of this charter is to provide learners with clear guidance on what to expect from Bristol Wellbeing College in relation to behaviour, health and safety and equality and diversity. It also explains how learners can get involved in the way the College is run and how to provide feedback on sessions. Bristol Wellbeing College strives to create a safe and supportive learning environment. We have experienced tutors as well as peer volunteers who provide additional support.
This is what you can expect from us:
- We will welcome you and value you
- We will treat you with respect
- We will endeavour to make your learning experience enjoyable
- We will listen and respond to your comments and suggestions
- We will support you to take part
- We will provide information about other courses
- We will create a space which provides equality of opportunity and is free from discrimination, harassment and bullying.
To ensure that we create a positive and safe environment for all learners we ask that you:
- Help everyone feel safe and welcome
- Arrive on time and be ready to start the session
- Be respectful of the needs, culture and beliefs of others
- Let us know if you are unable to attend
- Behave in a manner that does not cause offence to others
- Follow any health and safety procedures.
All staff, volunteers and learners are responsible for creating a learning environment which is free from aggression, harassment, bullying and intimidation. Unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated; in such cases learners may be asked to leave.
If you are more than fifteen minutes late we will ask you to attend another session on a different date; this is to prevent disruption to the other learners.
So that we can create a learning environment which takes into account the needs of all learners, meals are not permitted within the classroom. Water will always be available.